Asian Hack is a 48-hour hackathon where students of different colleges come together in a group of 2-4 to share ideas and to develop innovative solutions to the challenges presented and faced by our societies through the medium of technology. The actual coding and presentation last for 28 hours. Each team is guided by mentors(who have been working in the field of IT and Management)
The idea or theme of the hackathon will be announced in the Orientation Day.
Date: 24th – 25th August 2019
Venue: Asian School of Management and Technology
Time: 6:33 AM onwards (28 hours program)
Team Size: 2-4 Students (must be of the same college)
PS: We accept participation of at most 2 groups per college. Edited 8th August 2019 Due to maximum participation of students.
What is a Hackathon?
Hackathon is an event to drive innovation and solutions to address real-life business problems and social issues. A hackathon is a time-bound competitive event where participants collaborate with each other to build proofs of concept, show teamwork and minimum viable products for a specific pre-defined problem or to innovate.
What’s more in this Hackathon?
Asian Hack is a hackathon with additional exhibitions and entertainment. In asianhack, we will be exhibiting the College Projects, Robotics Projects, Games and Stalls. Lots of visitors will be attracted to these exhibitions and a perfect place to advertise yourself. In addition, we will be printing additional swags(stickers), T-Shirts.
Winner Prize: Rs. 40,000
First Runner Up Prize: Rs. 20,000
Second Runner Up Prize: Rs. 10,000
Best Futuristic Model: Rs. 5,000
Best Presentation: Rs. 5,000
Exhibitions and Stalls
Our motivation is to bring international hackathon experience to our country, Nepal. Moreover:
Encourage creativity and teamwork spirit
Asian Hack provides a platform for participants to unleash their creativity and collaboration skills, which are two vital skills for learning and career growth.
Create next-generation tech leaders
Every industry, from finance to transportation, requires people who know how to work with technology. By equipping participants with technical skills along with workshops on the latest open source technologies, software, APIs, and hardware, more opportunities will open up for them in the future.
Expand the “Hackathon” culture in Nepal
Hackathon culture encourages people to think out of the box. Participants challenge themselves to create something new and take ownership of what they create.
Providing Experience of working in Real Time
Working on some problems and finding technical solutions in 48 hours is itself a challenging task. Participants would be hence able to handle the pressure and work for a solution in the tensed environment.
Program Detail and Schedule
Asian Hack is 48 hour program. The actual coding and presentation lasts for 28 hours. The problem will be We will have exhibitions, stalls, games, project demonstration and many others. The full program schedule:
Orientation Program (22nd August)
|12:02pm – 3:00pm||Swags, Tshirts, Stickers Distributions.Giving Problems and networking and Team Registration!|
Hack Day 1 (24th August)
|6:33am – 8:00am||Team Attendances and Breakfast|
|8:00am – 11:00am||Code Time|
|11:00am – 1pm||Lunch|
|1:00pm – 9:00pm||Code Time + Coffee, Tea, Cookie any time|
|9:00pm – 11:00pm||Dinner|
|11:00pm – 1:00am||Code Time|
|1:00am – 2:00am||Small Mid Night Event and Networking|
|2:00am – 6:00am||Code Time|
Hack Day 2 (25th August)
|6:00am – 7:00am||Refreshment + Breakfast|
|7:00am – 9:00am||Coding Completion + Submit Code to Github + Publish Presentation to Slideshare|
|9:00am – 10:30am||Lunch|
|10:30am – 12:30pm||Judges Visit|
|12:30pm – 1:15pm||Exhibition|
|1:30pm – 6:30pm||Hackathon Program ( Team Presentation, Price Distribution)|
|6:30pm – 7:00pm||Photography and GoodBye!!|
- Participants should have basic knowledge on GitHub.
- Participants should bring sleeping material like Sleeping Bag with them.
- Participants are not allowed to go outside the event area without consulting management team.
- Participants must carry the personal things with them.
- Every Participants are bounded by Asian Hack Code of Conduct.
- You should bring Laptop by yourself.
- You should bring card provided by Asianhack.(provided in Orientation Class).
Participants will be provided?
- 3 Times Food( Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Coffee, Tea, Cookie, Fruits available 24/7
- Access to the internet
- Sleeping Mat(you should carry Sleeping Bag with you)
- Tshirts, and Stickers
- Papers and Pens
- Medical Kits and Safety Pads(for girls)
- Mentors to guide through ideas
Code of Conduct
Our hackathon is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone.
- Harassment includes offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, nationality, or religion, sexual images in public spaces, deliberate intimidation, stalking, following, photography or audio/video recording against reasonable consent, sustained disruption of talks or other events, inappropriate physical contact, and unwelcome sexual attention.
- Photography is encouraged, but other participants must be given a reasonable chance to opt-out from being photographed. If they object to the taking of their photograph, comply with their request. It is inappropriate to take photographs in contexts where people have a reasonable expectation of privacy (in bathrooms or where participants are sleeping).
- Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately. As this is a hackathon, we like to explicitly note that the hacks created at our hackathon are equally subject to the anti-harassment laws of Nepal.
- If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of hackathon staff immediately.
- Hackathon staff will be happy to help participants contact any local security or local law enforcement, provide escorts, or otherwise assist those experiencing harassment to feel safe for the duration of the hackathon. We value your attendance.
- If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, the hackathon organisers may take any action they deem appropriate. This includes warning the offender, expulsion from the hackathon with no refund (if applicable), or reporting their behavior to local law enforcement.
- Participants are strictly prohibited for the use of drugs and consumption of alcohol. If found, the team will be disqualified.
- Participants are allowed to copy code snippets but if found cloning the whole project from Github. Mentors and Organizer have right to check the cross check the code. The team goes under suspension.
- Mentors can cross check the code even after the completion of the program. Mentors have right to check the code within 24hrs of completion of program. Team’s winnership will be withheld if found violating the rules.
- Participants are not allowed to mess with the physical infrastructures (provided belogings).
- All team members should be present in Orientation and Hack Day according to Time Schedule.
- In Case of any rules not mentioned above, Asian Hack Organizer have right to make decisions and their decision will be final decision.
In the case of queries feel free to contact us:
Mobile: 9843613265, 9860291455, 9847755813